The Ultimate Mousetrap
1. Make holes in either end of a jar and push a spindle through.
2. Wrap a bit of tape around the spindle at tither end of the jar so the jar does not slide along the spindle.
3. Smear peanut butter all over the jar.
4. Lay the spindle over the top of a bucket and secure it to the rim of the bucket with tape.
5. Prop boards up on either side of the bucket at either end if the spindle to create ramps.
6. Fill the bucket about 1/3ed full with antifreeze.
How it works:
The mice run up the ramp, across the spindle, and onto the jar to get the peanut butter. The jar spins and drops them into the antifreeze where they drown. The antifreeze prevents the mice from rotting. It is effective for catching multiple mice.
Note: don’t leave this where a dog can get to it. Antifreeze has a sweet taste to dogs and is very toxic to them.